Never Pennyless

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Tammy Faye

Dear Friends;

I just want to thank you all for your prayers, cards, letters, encouraging words, e-mails, and gifts. I’m doing ok. Have good days and some not so good. But I’m still hanging in there believing in the Lord for a complete healing.

This letter will be pretty short so please forgive me for not writing more. Just wanted to let you know I’m still here.

Please just keep lifting me up with your prayers for a miracle.

Love you all. God Bless You.


Last night I saw the movie The Eyes of Tammy Faye. The movie didn't do much to change my opinion towards Tammy or her then husband, Jim. However, Tammy earned my admiration and respect when she became a housemate on VH1s The Surreal Life in season 2. [did i really just say i admire tammy faye?!]

I lived through the Jim & Tammy era. I never liked them. The very mention of their names made my skin crawl. More than 20 years later, I'm slowing becoming a cautious Tammy fan. Perhaps I'm more like her than I ever dared to admit...minus the mascara, of course.

1 Comments:

  • she is a vunerable person, simply because she is in the public's eye, so we see all her faults. I wonder what faults would be transparent in me if I were a public figure, well I really don't want to know

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/07/2006 1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home